By Charles A Evans MD PhD
Accumulations of environmental and food-related toxins are rapidly being recognized as a cause of poor organ function and a likely contributor to a number of conditions. Through careful history, advanced laboratory diagnostic testing and unique live blood observation, we are able to identify toxicity and create a gentle yet powerful personalized detoxification program.
We are exposed to 50 times the level of toxins compared to most other developed countries, through water, air, industry, computers, cell phones, preservatives, plastics and fumes. These toxins reside in the bowel, the liver and the fat tissues especially. Toxins impair all chemical reactions in the body. As an example:
- Bowel toxins like Candida or other bacterial overgrowth impair absorption and production of nutrients.
- Acidity from shallow breathe, lack of vegetables, and inflammation causes slowing of all chemical reactions in the body, which proceed optimally at pH 7.0 and above.
- Electromagnetic radiation (EMF) from cell phones, computers, cordless phone bases, and WiFi zones are now known to have a real effects on sperm function, brain waves, thyroid function and immunity.
- Liver toxins (i.e. Tylenol, prescription drugs, alcohol, fuel fumes) impair the detoxification processes of the liver including hormonal metabolism.
- Viruses, fungi and parasites are present everywhere and accumulate in the body.
- Heavy metals (Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic..) diminish neurological function and bone among other things.
Toxins impair the absorption and utilization of nutrients and hormones. This is the premise for regular bowel, liver and tissue detoxification and specific detoxification as needed, for example if heavy metals or parasites are identified.
Tip 1: First, avoid toxins such as chlorinated water, processed foods, plastic water bottles and food containers, pesticides, EMF, gas fumes and medications.
Tip 2: Seasonal bowel cleanses with vegetables and supplements containing probiotics (good bacteria), enzymes and fiber are a great way of increasing bowel absorption.
Tip 3: There are accurate tests to identify specific toxins including salivary pH testing, urine and stool testing, heavy metal testing and live blood observation.
How toxins collect and interfere with cellular function
In the U.S. we are exposed daily to 50 times the level of toxins (i.e. chemicals, pesticides, water contaminants, food preservatives, heavy metals, air quality, plastics, fumes and electromagnetic radiation) compared to other developed countries. These toxins lodge in the bowel, liver, kidneys and especially fat tissue. The toxic build up prevents the normal uptake and utilization of nutrients, hormones, carbohydrates and proteins. It reduces the body’s oxygen uptake and creates an acidic, septic, low-energy state. Toxins also prevent proper activation of hormones, so patients become resistant to hormone therapy.
Toxic build up contributes to illnesses like allergies, pain, chronic fatigue, digestive problems (such as irritable bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel disease), hormonal imbalance (such as PMS and menopausal symptoms), skin conditions (like acne, eczema, and psoriasis), cognitive and neurological conditions, cardiovascular conditions and weight gain among other things.
This is the premise for regular bowel, liver and tissue detoxification and specific detoxification based on specific toxins, heavy metals identified.
How often should we move our bowels?
Nature programmed the bowels to contract when we eat. If we look at an infant or a pet, this programming of nature is evident. It is lost along the way through social training to go at home once a day. When the bowels do not move 2-3 times a day, it lowers the production of B-vitamins and seretonin (which is made in the bowel). It lowers the metabolism of hormones (which are metabolized in the bowel) and we are reabsorbing toxins, which were meant to be eliminated from the body. The bowel cleans or detoxes aim to restore normal bowel flora and normal bowel function. The ones described here target upper and lower bowel.
As an example:
- Bowel toxins like Candida or other bacterial overgrowth impairs absorption of nutrients and causes an acidic environment.
- Liver toxins impair the Phase I and Phase II detoxification in the liver which safely rid the body of alcohol, acetaminophen, fuel fumes, paint fumes and any prescription drug. As the liver collects these, the ability to activate and deactivate thyroid, estrogen, testosterone are reduced due to nutrient depletion (for example of sulfur groups, methyl groups, etc)
- pH. All chemical reactions in the body proceed in an alkaline pH of 7.0 and above. Lack of vegetables and lack of oxygen from shallow breathing increases acidity and chemical dysfunction.
- EMF radiation from cell phones, Wi Fi, cordless phone bases and computers, interfere with the electromagnetic fields in the body and impair the function of brain waves, thyroid, ovaries, testicles and immune cells responsible for cancer protection.
- Viruses, fungi, parasites are present everywhere and accumulate in the body.
- Heavy metals (such as Hg, Pb, As, Cd) displace light metals and block cellular function contributing to neurological conditions, osteoporosis, CAD, cancer etc.